Are you looking for a professional funeral home near Buckeye AZ?
Our Funeral Home was started in 1957 by Don Cannon in downtown Avondale. In 1964, Don Cannon built the current Funeral Chapel and moved from Western Ave. to Litchfield Rd. Through the years other families have been involved and the name was eventually changed to Valley West Funeral Chapel.
Sean & Cynthia Thompson purchased the Funeral Chapel in 2005 and hence the name Thompson Funeral Chapel. Since purchasing the Funeral Home in ’05, the Thompsons have been very active in bringing major upgrades to the facility and Grounds. In 2007, in recognition of our 50th anniversary, a major upgrade to the entire facility and grounds was completed.
In the coming years, the City of Goodyear will be creating an Historic Downtown area of which the Funeral Chapel is proud to be a part. In addition, the Thompson family has intentions of building a new facility that would not replace the current facility but would only complement it and serve to further our commitment to our community.
Our mission is to provide the Southwest Valley with funeral, memorial, and cremation services beyond what is expected and to create an atmosphere of peace at a time when it is needed the most.
Our philosophy will be to approach this as a ministry and treat our customers as such but also understand that we operate a business. We will strive to keep customers first; business decisions second.
Our goal is to become the most highly recognized Funeral Chapel in the Southwest Valley and then in the State of Arizona.